Hello again, Roanoke! Important update: You all, as readers, have made the Roanoke Daily so successful that it is my honor to announce the next stage of the newsletter. Patch is looking for a local writer and entrepreneur to take the helm of the Roanoke Daily. Although I have loved getting to know this community, we want to pass the torch to someone truly local to write about Roanoke long term. So if you’re interested in earning extra income while making this newsletter a more valuable resource for your neighbors, learn more and apply here.
First, today’s weather:
low clouds. High: 54 Low: 38.
Attention, top law firms! We’re now offering sponsorship opportunities for local firms interested in building lasting connections with clients in Roanoke. Click here to learn more.
Here are the top three stories in Roanoke today:
- The redevelopment of a former Roanoke bus station has begun. The former Campbell Court Transportation Center development has been delayed due to a zoning board denial and the COVID-19. The new development will be mixed-use. (WFIR News Talk Radio)
- Roanoke’s St. Patrick’s Day Parade will possibly be missing the Budweiser Clydesdales due to inclement weather. The famous horses were meant to attend the Mar. 12 parade but officials are worried they will not be able to appear if snow or rain impacts the event. Officials are still hoping for clear weather, however. (WSLS 10)
- A Roanoke apartment complex shooting left one man dead on Tuesday afternoon. The Roanoke Police Department is investigating the shooting that occurred at The Cove located at 3836 Panorama Avenue. The victim’s identity will be released once the next of kin have been notified, according to officials with the department. (WSLS 10)
From our sponsor:
Hey Roanoke, are you looking to buy a house, refinance or just explore your options? Check out the new Patch Mortgage Center for all your home financing needs!
- Roanoke Valley SPCA reminds the community that tickets to see nearly 250 works of art are still available. Click to get tickets! (Instagram)
- The Atlantic Union Bank Drumstick DASH has been named the best charity race in Norfolk. Click to learn more about the race and to learn how to sign up. (Facebook)
- Looking for your new breakfast location? Start your day on the right foot with breakfast at Scrambled in Roanoke. (Facebook)
Loving the Roanoke Daily? Here are all the ways you can get more involved:
- Send a friend or neighbor this link so they can subscribe
- Get your local business listed in front of readers
Thanks for following along and staying informed. See you all tomorrow for another update!
— Nicole Fallon-Peek
About me: Nicole Fallon-Peek is a journalist and copywriter with a degree in Media, Culture and Communication from New York University. She has served as a freelance reporter, managing editor, copy editor, and editorial director for a variety of B2B news outlets. She currently co-owns and operates content creation agency Lightning Media Partners.