Hi all. I’m back with your new edition of the Port Jefferson Daily. Here are all the most important things to know about what’s happening in town today…
First, today’s weather:
Some sun, windy and cooler. High: 70, low: 58.
Here are the top stories 5 today in Port Jefferson:
- Theater Three brings a new play to the stage. In partnership with the Response Crisis Center, “Every Brilliant Thing” portrays the story of a little boy whose mother is hospitalized for depression in a hilarious and heart-touching way. (Broadway World)
- Meet the Candidates Night was held in the Port Jefferson Village Center on June 8. The event will be extended to Tuesday, June 21, when trustees candidates Bruce Miller and Rebecca Kassaywill be challenged by Gerard Gang, Ana Hozyainova, and Lauren Sheprow. For more info, click here. (TBR News Media)
- The Meadow Club invites the community to relax and celebrate International Yoga Day on Tuesday, June 21, from 10 am until 3 pm Free Yoga classes and relaxation activities will be offered, plus a selection of vegetarian dishes. (Port Jefferson CofC)
- Police are asking for the public’s help locating an elderly man who has dementia who went missing on Wednesday. Paul Petruccelli lives in Coram. Anyone with information is asked to contact Suffolk Police. (Patch)
- Babies Boogie will keep the little ones moving on Monday, June 20. Nicole Sparling will lead the musical program that starts at 10 am for kids aged 3-17 months at the Port Jefferson Free Library. (Port Jefferson Free Library)
Today in Port Jefferson:
- Saturday Morning Yoga with Laurel Frey at PJFL. (10 am)
- Fudge Making Workshop Port Jefferson Free Library. (10 am)
- English Conversation Group Port Jefferson Free Library. (11 am)
- Juneteenth Crafternoon Port Jefferson Free Library. (2 pm)
From my notebook:
- Historical Society of Greater Port Jefferson: “The Mather Museum Complex and Consignment Shop will be open Fridays, Saturdays, and Sundays starting June 17, 12-4 pm Come learn about Port Jefferson History and shop in our wonderful Consignment Shop.” (Historical Society of Greater Port Jefferson via Facebook)
- Port Jefferson, NY: “Giddy up! The Village is offering Horseback Riding Lessons at Windwood Farms in Medford. To register, please visit the Recreation office or call 631-802-2160.” (Port Jefferson, NY via Facebook)
- Port Jefferson Free Library: “The Library has partnered with the Long Island Coalition for the Homeless to host a School Supply Drive. A collection box is here at the library through July 29.” (Port Jefferson Free Library via Facebook)
More from our sponsors — thanks for supporting local news!
Gigs & services:
That’s it for today. See you all tomorrow for another update!
— Debora Whitehead
About me: Have a story idea? Please get in touch with me! I would love to hear from you! Wife, mom, foodie, traveler, and nature lover.
Have a news tip or suggestion for an upcoming Port Jefferson Daily? Contact me at [email protected]