The Starbucks On Redondo become a guild shop. Also, beyond those emergency text messages we kept getting Glendale? Finally, the city demolished most of Queen Marylifeboats.
First, today’s weather:
Partly sunny, not warm. High: 76 Low: 60.
🏡 Are you a local real estate agent? Let us help you gain leads, build your brand in Long Beach, and stand out from the competition. Click here to find out more.
Who Should Be the Next Mayor of Long Beach? Tell me your thoughts if you please! (Starting from today , Susie Price He leads the group with 44.1% of your votes, but Rex Richardson It is in second place with 25.7%. Franklin Sims 15.8% and Joshua Rodriguez It comes in at 10.5%!)
Here are the top stories of the day in Long Beach:
- On Friday, workers in Starbucks employment Seventh Street And Redondo Street They voted unanimously to form unions. “Union activists allege that their working hours have been cut, dismissed from work, and so on.” Starbucks referred requests or comments to the National Labor Relations Board’s website. Meanwhile, residents have been supportive, saying the workers “deserve everything they can get”. (ABC)
- What is emergency alerts all about on Saturday? Residents were unofficially alerted to the warnings Chevy Chase Canyon The residents had to evacuate. Later , Glendale City I acknowledge that “an error occurred in the technology used to send a message this morning”. However, critics point out that the technique worked well; The problem was that nothing told the recipients of the message that the message was an exercise. (Glendale City)
- on Friday, Most of the city was demolished Queen Mary’s lifeboats. “Out of the ship’s total of 22 lifeboats, three have been identified for protection, including two left on board. Five have been set aside for future consideration,” city officials said. While there were two proposals from groups wishing to board the boats, they failed to meet “the city’s requirements to show how ships can be transported and repaired safely”. (LB Post)
- what will city Council discuss on Tuesday? One of the agenda items could be LB . Water Board Commissionerto unite Water and gas departments. Older residents may remember a similar move in 1988 to “put sewage services under water management.” (click telegram)
- Recently we talked about the surprise Dogs flock to the local animal shelter. Do you know what else will come? We learned on Friday that there is pocket pet! that’s it hamsterAnd guinea pigsAnd (pet) mice. Someone, who would have loved having a dog but can’t accommodate it, now has another chance to find a little pet and spoil it! (LB Post)
Today in Long Beach:
- Biggest Race for Prostate Cancer LA ZERO Prostate / Walk 2022 Meet at Shoreline Aquatic Park (8 a.m.)
- Igudesman & Joo Play it again At the Carpenter Center for the Performing Arts (2 m)
- West Long Beach Community Bike Ride Meet at Admiral Kidd Park (2 PM)
- The Spooky (Show Standard Edition) with The Grim + Pegs + Dry Sockets In Alex’s Bar (2 m 2 m)
- Southern California Brass Federation Latin Festival Performs at Los Altos United Methodist Church (4 p.m.)
From my notebook:
- congratulations for Long Beach State Athletics‘Big West Champions who competed on day one of the Conference Tournament in Davis, CA 🤩🏃♀️ (Instagram)
- The Long Beach Airport Therapy dogs are back in action. They work hard to bring smiles and good vibes to travelers. If you see our therapy dogs roaming around the LGB, feel free to say hi! 🐾🐕 (Instagram)
- COVID-19 Vaccine and Test Clinics in Doris Topsy Ilford Community Center Houghton Park will move to Ramona Park on Monday, May 16, 2022, due to scheduled summer programs. (Facebook)
- The city celebrated the grand opening of Sean Lumachi Innovation Center! 🎉 The two-story, 4,888-square-foot facility, located at 📍 309 Pine Avenue, will serve as a co-working space while also providing resources and programs for entrepreneurs. (Facebook)
- Election workers are the ones who make the voting experience great. Have you worked in an election before? The boycott Looking for workers to help out in the upcoming primary. Earn up to $1,180 and make a difference in your community! (next chapter)
More of our sponsors – Thanks for supporting local news!
Do you like Long Beach Deli? Here are all the ways you can get more involved:
- Send this link to a friend or neighbor so they can subscribe
- Make your local business stand out to your readers
- Send me a news tip or suggestion at [email protected]
Well, you all signed this day! I’ll be in your inbox tomorrow morning with a new update.
– Sylvia Cochran
ABOUT ME: Sylvia Cochran works in sunny Southern California and has been writing full time since 2005. She loves dogs, cats, and books, plays the best demons (Don’t Judge), embraces social justice, and tries to live the life of Micah 6:8.