1. Whether you use your outdoor space to read a book on a summer’s day or catch up with friends on a warm night, incorporating plants into this area can create a privacy barrier. Plant shrubs, place large planters in corners, or place hanging baskets on hooks around the perimeter. For small patios, you might even consider building a plant wall. Not only will this help with privacy, but it will also add color and dimension, making the space feel like a haven for you and your guests.
2. Add a string of overhead lights to create ambiance in your space at night. Duck Max Strength Nano-Grab is a multi-sided, double-sided tape that you can use for installation. It’s clear, holds up to 20 pounds per 5-foot roll and sticks to painted drywall, wood, glass, tile, metal, stone and brick without leaving residue. Nano-Grab technology will keep your lights safe and in place and make it easy to remove and store for the winter.
3. If you stick to the comfort and relaxation of your outdoor oasis, consider adding a fountain or other small water feature to smooth out the background noise. Maintain a zen feel at night with a fire pit, heaters, or bamboo torches for warmth on cool evenings.
4. For those interested in entertaining guests, you may want to install an outdoor TV to watch the summer ball games or an audio system to listen to background music. You will need to ensure this device is installed correctly for outdoor use in areas that are safe from wind and rain.
5. Creating an outdoor dining area doesn’t have to break the bank. When entertaining guests, a beverage cooler, bar cart, and grill station are convenient additions you can make to what’s already on your patio. Building a cart or station to store paper towels, tins, and other essentials for a barbecue master can be a fun DIY project, too.
6. Having a stunning space doesn’t always mean starting from scratch – you can simply add a fresh coat of paint in a bright color palette to update your existing privacy walls or tables and chairs. All you need is a can of paint and a roll of FrogTape painter’s tape to keep lines crisp and clean. As for color, you might be tempted to keep it neutral, but don’t be shy about soft blue and soft yellow. It will bring a fresh and fun feel to all your summer entertainment.
For additional tips and uses for Nano-Grab, visit duckbrand.com.
With a few simple tweaks, you can turn any outdoor area into a beautiful oasis perfect for rest, relaxation and fun.
Story provided by StatePoint Media