IND vs SA 5th T20I, Highlights: Game washed out; series level 2-2
Well then, the trophy will be shared by two teams. For India, the focus now shifts to England. Until then, it’s Kartik Mehindru, signing off.
- The worst has happened. The match has been called off. What an anti-climax to an otherwise great series.
- The groundsmen require at least 25-30 minutes for providing optimal playing conditions. The cut-off time is 10:02 for a 5-over game. I am afraid we may have a washed-up match on our hands. It doesn’t look good.
Well, till it’s raining, here is a little something for you to binge-read:
- The cut-off time for the game to resume is 10:12 PM.
- Oh no! It’s raining again, and the players have walked off the field.
- Ngidi is breathing fire at Chinnaswamy. Scalps out Gaikwad now.
- IND 20/1 after 2 overs: Big wicket for SA. Ngidi has sent Kishan back. What a delivery by the big man though. Full length, dipped just in front of Kishan, seamed in, and disturbed the timber.
- IND 16/0 after 1 over: Well well well…that is some start for India. Ishan Kishan took Maharaj head-on, smacked 2 consecutive sixes, and accumulated 16 runs in the first over. Horror start for the Proteas.
- So, just one over lost. Will rain help the SA pacers to extract some seam movement? It can also backfire if the ball gets wet as that will hamper the swing.
- The match will resume at 7:50 PM. It’ll be a 19 over affair.
- Rain has stopped in Bangalore.
- Here are rules to determine the winner if the match gets washed out.
- It’s raining cats and dogs in Bangalore. It’s really heavy, but if the locals are to be believed, this will subside in about 30 minutes.
South Africa Playing XI
Quinton de Kock(w), Reeza Hendricks, Rassie van der Dussen, David Miller, Heinrich Klaasen, Tristan Stubbs, Dwaine Pretorius, Kagiso Rabada, Keshav Maharaj(c), Lungi Ngidi, Anrich Nortje
India Playing XI
Ruturaj Gaikwad, Ishan Kishan, Shreyas Iyer, Rishabh Pant(w/c), Hardik Pandya, Dinesh Karthik, Axar Patel, Harshal Patel, Bhuvneshwar Kumar, Yuzvendra Chahal, Avesh Khan
- India have fielded the same eleven.
- South Africa have won the toss and have opted to bowl first. Phew! Pant has now lost 5 out 5 tosses. Talk about luck not being on your side.
- Temba Bavuma is out injured and Keshav Maharaj will lead the side in his absence.
- As far as the weather is concerned, an intervention is expected to happen around the toss time. The drainage system at the Chinnaswamy is world-class, and it shouldn’t take long for the game to start once the rain subsides.
- It has been a wild ride up until now. From losing two successive T20s to start the series, the men in blue staged an incredible comeback to haunt the Proteas to win the next two by big margins. Hello and welcome to the live blog of the fifth and final T20 between India and Bangalore. I am Kartik Mehindru, and I’ll be taking you through all the updates. Stay tuned!