Washington Bear Hunter was shot by the suspect who escaped the scene

A bear hunter was shot in the Blue Mountains, eastern Washington, near Walla Walla last Friday. The shooter ran from the scene before he could be recognized. Fortunately, the victim’s partner witnessed the shooting and was able to alert the authorities. Al-Sayyad was taken to hospital the same day, and remained in the hospital until August 9.

The Walla Walla County Sheriff’s Office is currently asking the public to share any information they may have about the suspected shooter, who remains unidentified and at large. Brigadier General Joe Klund was unable to provide any identifying characteristics of the shooter, but said that the three parties involved in the incident—the hunter, the hunter’s partner and the shooter—were male.

“At this time, the suspect has not been identified,” Klund said. outdoor life Wednesday.

Deputies from the local mayor’s office were dispatched to Nightingale Canyon around 8:30 p.m. on August 5 after they received a call about a fisherman who had been shot by a heavy caliber weapon, according to a press release. The caller told the dispatchers that the two were hunting black bears in the valley that day when his partner shot a bear. His partner began hiking through Nightingale Canyon to track the bear while the caller stayed put. As he watched from afar, he heard a gunshot and saw his partner fall to the ground.

The mayor’s office said in the statement: “The reporting party crossed the valley and found the lower partner wounded by a bullet from a heavy caliber weapon, bleeding profusely.” At the time, the caller looked in the direction of the bullet and “noted someone running north across a farm field.”

read the following: After Spring Bear Hunt is canceled, Washington sees bear struggles in the suburbs

Search and rescue deputies and personnel arrived at the scene and helped save the fisherman’s life by stopping the bleeding and taking him to a local hospital, where he was admitted with a gunshot wound. The patient underwent surgery on August 8, according to Klundt, and was still in the hospital until August 9.

The caller later told authorities that he saw other cars in the area that afternoon, and that he heard at least two more noises coming from the same valley before his hunting partner shot the bear. However, little is known about the suspected shooter at this point, and Klundt said their investigations are still ongoing.

“Our investigators are on it, but we haven’t gotten any updates from them [so far]Klund said. “We are actively working on the case for obvious reasons.”

Leave a Reply

%d bloggers like this: